- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil (will be to cook in)
- Pinch of Salt + Pepper
- 225g Beetroot (raw)
- 150g Quinoa
- 30g Rice Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Egg White
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- The Juice From 1/2 A Lime or Lemon
- Peel and cut the tops off the beetroot.
- You will need two saucepans filled with water to boil.
- One is to boil the beetroot for 30 minutes until it is no longer hard ready to be mashed.
- The other is needed for the quinoa. Boil for 20 minutes.
- Whilst they are cooking, mix in a mixing bowl – the fresh parsley (chopped up), salt and pepper, rice four and ground cumin.
- Preheat the oven to 180/340F/Gas mark 4.
- Drain the quinoa and leave to cool.
- Drain the beetroot and place back in saucepan.
- Add the olive oil to the beetroot and mash.
- Add the chopped garlic and lime/lemon juice and continue to mash.
- Next stir the quinoa into the mixture, then add in the egg white.
- Mix this mixture till it is evenly blended.
- Slowly bit by bit, add your mixture of rice flour, parsley, salt, pepper and ground cumin.
- Create burgers to a size that suits your preference with your hands.
- Preheat frying pan to a medium heat with a little coconut oil.
- Fry the burgers on each side for round 2-4 minutes.
- Grab a baking tray. Either cover with baking paper or if it can without. Apply an even and very light amount of coconut oil/butter to spread on the base of the tray/baking paper to reduce the chance of it sticking to your pan. If you can go with the amount of grease from what you have used in the pan, do so.
- Place them on the baking tray and in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- To give them an extra hard crunch on the outside I grill them near the end for just a few minutes.
- Serve with a salad of your choice and Enjoy!
This could be also made as mini burgers for pic food at a party or celebration.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and make it your own.
Suitable for vegetarians, lactose and coeliacs.