This meal is super healthy and clean for those getting ready for that bikini body this summer!
This salad is so tasty! It can qualify for Vegan and Vegetarians diets too!
For those who are wanting to add protein, I will jot down all the alternatives at the end of the post.
- 1/4 of Iceberg Lettuce
- Sea Salt
- 1/2 a Pear
- Garlic Oil
- Chickpeas (cooked or to save time – from a can)
- Spring Onion
- Red Orange Yellow Or Green Pepper
- Chai Seeds
- Tinned or Boiled Sweetcorn
- Black Pepper
- 1/4 a large Avocado or 1/2 a regular size
- If you are using canned veg, pour the entire contents of the Sweetcorn and Chickpeas into a sieve and wash with a little tap water. Give it all a shake and leave on the side to drain more.
- If you are boiling your Sweetcorn and Chickpeas, the Sweetcorn would only need 5 minutes on a slightly high temperature and the Chickpeas would need to boil till they are tender. Timing generally varies with the age of the chickpeas, but with a pre-soak it typically takes about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours. Otherwise, they’ll need a good four hours of cooking, sometimes longer.
- Grab a chopping board and place your Iceberg Lettuce onto it, cutting off a 1/4 for your salad. With that 1/4, slice it up and place into a serving dish of your choice.
- Again for your Pepper do the same routine.
- With your Cucumber it all depends on how much you fancy. I personally would do a handful. Also for presentation you can make any type of shape you want, it could be left as a sliced circle, a triangle, a long piece, skinless, there are so many options just make it you!
- When it comes to the Avocado, CUT then PEEL as most of it will be needed to be placed back in the fridge (Covered).
- Put the Avocado into the mix of salad.
- Placing your Pear on the chopping board ready to slice and dice. I would go for the shorter end of the fruit to add to your salad, as the pieces naturally will be a great size from the end already if sliced.
- Sprinkle your Chickpeas and Sweetcorn over with a large spoon, but if you fancy the whole load like me just whack it all in!
- When it comes to the Spring Onion, you only really need a slither. So if you would like a stronger taste of onion, go for the white end, if not go for the darker green. I would cut up as much as a pinch would be.
- Finally, for the flavouring, sprinkle some Sea Salt, Chai Seeds and Black Pepper. Followed by a drizzle of Garlic Oil.
For more options with this particular meal, I added in Chorizo as it goes SO WELL with the Pear! Also Rapeseed or Basil Oil is a good choice if you’re not a fan of Garlic. This is such a good meal to get some real goodness in you. I hope you enjoy it!